In the past, this duration is for people to sit down, eat and shop. However, USS has been planning something special for this event during the Olympics. An enhanced version, Hollywood After Party, will be held every Saturday night 7PM to 11PM.
The admission is free for guest holding one-day, two-day or annual pass. Otherwise, $20 will be charged for entry.
I went for Hollywood After Party on the National Day, trying to spend a good evening. However, did I manage to do so?
On the national Day, Hollywood After Party features these options and events:
- All-you-can-eat Pass @ $13
- Free flow beer and drinks@ $15
- Live National Day Parade and Olympic events screening
- Live band performance
- "Lake Hollywood Spectacular" firework show at 9:30PM
This sounds pretty cool!
So let's get going!
|People are wandering around.|
|The big screen is showing the National Day Parade, but few people are watching.|
First thing first, get your "All you can eat" wristband! With this, you can enjoy the food as much as you want! It's similar to a buffet.
|The wristband is waterproof and very hard to remove.|
- Hollywood China Bistro - Dim Sum
- Pop's Popcorn Cart - Popcorn
- Hollywood Street Cart - Samosa, Fish Ball and Burger
- Lagoon & Hotdog Cart - Hot Dog, Potato Wedges
- Marilyn's Cart - Pizza
- Prata Cart - Indian Cuisine
- Gloria's Grill Cart - Satay, Lontong Rice
|Pop's Popcorn Cart|
|Hollywood Street Cart|
|Hollywood China Bistro|
|Lagoon & Hotdog Cart|
|Gloria's Grill Cart|
|The band is performing some of the latest hits. The performance is great but few people dance to the music and sing along.|
|You can sit down, eat and enjoy the Olympic games.|
I left the park after watching the firework show.
I would like to share how I feel about this event.
- Food choices are abundant.
- The atmosphere is definitely there.
- The firework show is worth watching.
- $20 is too expensive for the entry, considering that you have to pay additional $13 to eat(You can also choose to buy food from China Bistro and Mel's Drive-in, if you don't want the all you can eat pass).
- The tables and chairs are simply not enough.
- The screens (two big and two small) are not large enough and the effect is unsatisfactory.
- The food is not delicious (this is my personal opinion).
So to sum up, Hollywood After Party is worth visiting if you happen to visit the park on a Saturday, or you have the Annual Pass. Otherwise, think twice before you go since the service does not live up to the price.
Hollywood After Party will be held from now to 29 Sep, every Saturday (Except 18 Aug).