October 27, 2014

New "Puss in Boots" Coaster in USS!

Update 10/26:

I was surprised by the progress of the coaster today.
There are a lot of theming elements being installed to the ride, and it looks very exciting.
The coaster may not be as outdoors as we had thought!













Update 9/20:

This week we have some interesting progress at the new attraction. It seems that exterior theming has begun! Look at the these castle wall bricks!











Update 9/7:

In this week, we see that the workers have started installing show scene structures for the coaster, but it's hard to say what to expect here.






Besides, "The Dance For The Magic Beans" show premiered on Sept. 6, but unfortunately I was not able to catch the show this week. I will come back next week for the performance!



Update 8/31:

After coming back to Singapore, I can resume my coverage of the construction of the new attraction. It has been announced that this brand new coaster will be themed to "Puss in Boots"! Let's take a look at the latest progress!

As we can see, all the coaster tracks seem to have been installed. The track layout is pretty interesting to me, and I am looking forward to the story that accompanies it!












The new show "The Dance for the Magic Beans" has its stage set up.


And it did not replace Donkey Live! so both shows exist in this area. When the new coaster opens, Far Far Away will feature 5 attractions, making it the land with the most attractions in USS! 

(Shrek 4D, Enchanted Airways, Donkey Live!, The Dance for the Magic Beans, Puss in Boots Coaster)




Update 6/1:

There has been some progress in this construction area. Compared to the last update, you will notice that at the left side, there are some round-shaped concrete structures. Curious....




Update 5/6:

Well although the theme for this new attraction can not be determined (Most likely to be Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem, but some say it is cancelled/put on hold.), the construction is still going on.

Here is the latest construction photo taken by me.
(You can see the city of Singapore in the background)




Update 8/15:

I spent my summer holiday in the U.S. So this is the first time I visited USS in three months.
To my surprise, there is a new ride in construction!
It is located between The Lost World (Water World) and Far Far Away(Shrek area). (The green area in the picture.)
I could not guess what the attraction might be. So I walked to the Shrek Castle side and discovered something very interesting.



From the boards I learned that this is going to be a family attraction with (probably) a Shrek theme(?).



I will keep updating this post to let you know any progress in the construction!

I can start queueing for the ride!


7 comments:

  1. Do you think they will build a Harry Potter themed attraction? They announced they are building one at Universal Studios Hollywood, similar to the one at Universal Studios Orlando in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I certainly hope they will! But unless it's a newly designed mini version, I can't see how this area could accommodate it (both physically and visually).

      Delete
  2. I guess they will have to use a little bit of magic to make it happen. They have already done so in Orlando, Japan, and soon in Hollywood. I would think they would build a Harry Potter village in Singapore too. In Orlando, the Harry Potter area is actually at their second theme park, Islands of Adventure, with other themed "lands" such as Dr. Suess, and a lot rides based on comic book action heroes, and movie theme-based rides too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Luke! Heard that recently the vertical structures for the new coaster have been put up. Any idea when it will be ready? Do you think BSG will open 1st or the coaster at far far away? Look forward to your photo update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      Yes I am very excited about the vertical structures for the new coaster.
      However, I spent the summer vacation in China and would not be able to go to the park until mid August. I will surely continue my updates from then on.

      Thanks for your support!

      Delete
  4. It's going to be a puss in boots coaster right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      Yes it will be Puss in Boots. Sorry that I forgot to update this post...

      Delete